Product Review websites are all around on the internet, but they are far from all being equal in regard to honesty and integrity. Many product review sites seem to be unbiased initially, but further inspection indicates their true intent: to simply promote products favorably, to enable them to generate income via affiliate links.
Here are some approaches to assess when a site and its owner(s) are just inside it for the investment, or if perhaps they offer honest truly neutral, consumer-oriented reviews:
1. Who Runs the web page? A real review website could have an About/Bio/or Info page that details who owns the web page (and oftentimes why they started it.) A lot of sites that claim to be ‘product review’ sites are actually run by affiliates posing as “honest” reviewers, while in fact their sole intent is to only recommend every product they blog about.
2. Carry out the Reviewers or Site Owners Get The Products Themselves? It is a critical factor for review integrity. The same as research studies, you will find a strong proclivity towards favorable bias of any product when the reviewer failed to pay it off himself. The fact that a reviewer pays for the merchandise(s) him or herself speaks volumes with regards to their impartiality and ability to remain objective during the course of the review.
3. Does the Website Review an Array of Products or Just One? A site that reviews a number of products is more likely to be neutral as well as a true review site than a site where only authority site on product review. Why would someone visit the trouble of creating a website for just one product and after that give it a negative review? Of course the review will be positive (although at times they might throw in a negative comment or two to give the look of being impartial.)
Single-product-sites are well-liked by affiliates because search engines like google give strong weight to using keywords in the website name (url title.) Therefore if the merchandise being reviewed is ‘Acme List Building Secrets’, then employing a domain of ‘AcmeListBuildingSecretsReview’ will often give that site a higher position in the search engines.
4. Do the Reviewers Only Have Positive Points to Say concerning the Products They Review? A truly neutral product review website may have both good and bad reviews. If all the reviews over a site are glowing, and every item is endorsed, then there’s a good bet the reviewer is serving his very own interests rather than the ones from the consumer.
5. Does the Review Headline Make use of the Word ‘Scam’? This can be a classic tactic used by lots of unscrupulous reviewers to utilize keywords within the title as well as to give the look of shoring the trust factor. A sample uoncvg might read, “Is Acme List Building Secrets a gimmick?” – since it utilizes the keyword phrase within the title, as well as that phrase will mirror what individuals enter in the search box if they have questions on a product.
These are simply a couple of important aspects to search for when assessing the integrity of the product review site. Understand that honest product review sites do exist. Being a a consumer, you need to evaluate a site’s integrity before you trust its reviews